Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Only took me 20 years


Let me explain.
When we moved into this "old farmhouse" 24 years ago, it had some pretty wierd looking curtains. After a couple of years I took them down thinking that nothing would be better. So I then hung up "temporary" curtains (sheets) until I found some better curtains. Well, this was about 20 years ago. I have just been using sheets in my windows. The older boys finally got disgusted with mom and bought her curtain rods for christmas 2007. They were hoping that I would then get something done. Well, by May 2008 I had put up the curtain rods, but was still pinning my sheets up at night below the rods. So guess what I received for Mother's Day. You guessed it- curtains. So this is proof that I actually put them up and they look a lot better than my sheets did. My only thought is what will I be getting for Christmas this year? What else haven't I done? I guess I will have to wait and find out.

2 comments:

Amy said...

They look so great June, I would have never guessed that you hadn't picked them out yourself!! I want some just like them!!

Unknown said...

June, it looks beautiful!!! I feel encouraged in my quest for real curtains in my bedroom. Perhaps those sheets really will be traded in for something better someday!!